Aiven is committed to enhancing security of our customers and preventing hackers from accessing your account. Creating a strong password makes it harder for attackers to gain unauthorized access to your account.
To ensure your password is safer, Aiven enforces a number of password criteria that make sure that the password is strong:
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Cannot contain single repeating characters such as
- Cannot contain your name or email address
- Cannot contain common words, phrases or strings such as
John. Using common words or service names can be easily guessed.
- Cannot contain words that are very similar to common words such as
For new user sign ups, these requirements are automatically enforced.
For existing customers, while it is not required to change password immediately, it is strongly recommended to update your existing password. When changing your password, the above requirements will be enforced.
When creating integration passwords on Aiven's end, the above requirements are also applied. For remote services such as sending logs to external ElasticSearch, the requirements are not applied, but are recommended.
Additionally, when creating and/or resetting the password, please consider the following tips:
- Use password manager to create a randomly generated strong password
- Use passphrases instead of passwords which are even harder to guess
- Do not use same password for multiple services
- Select a password that is not usual and memorable only to you
Selecting a strong password is a first step in securing your account. In addition to creating a secure password, please consider enabling 2-Factor Authentication for your account.
If you forget your password, you may reset your password by selecting
Forgot Password on the Aiven console login page.
Additional articles may be found on our Aiven Support page.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Support and let us know.