Aiven platform offers a free 30 day trial to test the whole platform along with many Aiven service offerings such as managed Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, MySQL, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Redis and Grafana. No credit card is required to start the trial. When you sign up on Aiven for the first time you will be created a default (trial) project. The trial grants full access to start new services, and use management console, REST API, and CLI tool.
The trial project has some limitations in that up to ten VMs can be created. Therefore, the following combinations are possible:
- Business (or Startup) Kafka service and either a Startup InfluxDB service and a Startup Grafana service or Startup Elasticsearch service
- Business (or Startup) Kafka service, a Startup Kafka connect service and a Startup Elasticsearch service
- Startup InfluxDB service and a Startup Grafana service
- Up to five Startup Redis services or up to two Business Redis services
- Up to five Startup PostgreSQL (or MySQL) services or up to two Business PostgreSQL (or MySQL) services
- The trial project allows creating one VPC and up to ten VPC peering connections.
As your trial credits get closer to zero, it may impact the ability to start new services that will spend your remaining credits too quickly (For example, if you have $10 left, starting a new service that will spend them in less than an hour would not be possible).
After your credits have been used up, your service will stay up and running if you have added your credit card to the service. Otherwise we’ll automatically power down your database when the credits run out, but you can restore it by just entering card details.
You can use the trial credits to spin up any service you like with any service plans available on our platform, so you can try powerful business or premium plans as well.
NOTE: It is important to remember the following:
- The purpose of the trial is for evaluation and trial. A trial project should not be used to create production services for the limitations mentioned in this article.
- Automatically created trial projects cannot be renamed.
- Trial credits cannot be transferred to another project.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Support and let us know.