Two-Factor Authentication (also known as 2-Step Verification or 2FA) in Aiven allows further securing logins by requiring a second authentication code in addition to the user password.
Currently Aiven supports Two-Factor Authentication using the Google Authenticator mobile application.
Setting up Two-Factor Authentication
- Install the Google Authenticator application to your mobile decide (install instructions)
- Login to Aiven web dashboard and your user profile page by clicking your name on the left toolbar
- Click the "Enable" button under "Two-factor authentication" and enter your current password
- Open the Google Authenticator application on your mobile device and add a new entry by selecting the Scan a barcode option. Point the camera to the QR code visible on the Aiven web dashboard. It should be recognized automatically by Google Authenticator and a new "Aiven" entry is added to its list of applications.
- Enter the Aiven number sequence from the Google Authenticator app to the Confirmation code field in the above dialog and press the Enable Two-Factor Auth button
- Two-Factor authentication is now enabled
Authentication status of project members
The Two-Factor Authentication status for project members can be viewed under the project members view: